On-Site Auction with Web Simulcast Bidding
Starts: Wed, May 17, 2017 11:00AM
May 17, 2017 from 9:00AM-11:00AM
Each item offered at this public auction is currently available to view on BidSpotter by clicking the "Bid Now" tab above. Additionally, items will be available for an in-person inspection the morning of the auction, Wednesday, May 17, 2017 beginning at 9:00 am.
All Open Invoices must be paid in full no later than Friday, May 19, 2017 by 12:00 noon.
Removal will be as follows: time permitting, 30 minutes after the conclusion of the auction until 4:00 pm; and all items that do not have to be rigged out must be removed on Thursday & Friday, May 18 & 19 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm each day. Thereafter removal shall be by specific appointment.
No credit cards, personal or third party checks will be accepted on site. Only cash, cashier’s checks, wire transfer & business checks will be accepted and cashier’s & business checks must be made payable to “Caspert Management Co., Inc." We also accept PayPal (fees apply).
For a video tour of the auction site, click here.
Highlighted auction items included:
- A car-bottom furnace (125 in. wide x 9.5 ft high x 41 ft long) capable of operation from 800 to 2300°F and a total load capacity of approximately 250,000 lb (125-ton) per load.
- A double-hearth furnace measuring 18 ft long x 68 in. wide x 5 ft high used for high-temperature runs up to 2300°F;
- An 18 ft temper furnace with the same dimensions capable of operations from 300 to 1400°F; and
- One (1) furnace measuring 32 in. x 26 in. x 60 in. for smaller jobs from 300 to 1400°F.
- 40 ft car-bottom furnace has a (9 in. wide x 2 ft high x 40 ft long) water quench (WQ) tanks. 18 ft oil & water quench (WQ) tank dimensions (4 ft high x 5 ft wide x 18 ft long )
- The abrasive blast room is 12 ft wide x 15 ft high x 35 ft long with a capacity of 40,000 lbs. (20-tons).
Material Handling Equipment; Grinders; Clamps; Fans; Vacuums; Presses; Bandsaws; Hand & Power Tools; Oberon High-Heat Suits; Ladders; Scales; Dumpsters; Hyster Forklifts; Combilift; P&H 5, 7.5 & 15-Ton Hoist/Cranes; Office Furniture; Computers; and So Much More!
The Double-end Chesmont furnace, was built in 1990. It was custom made by the local Chesmont Engineering firm. They also engineered and built the 18' Temper furnace with an identical hearth footprint to match the 18' double furnace. The Temper furnace has a used hearth as well. The 18' Chesmont double furnace has one(1) car that is newly cast, and one(1) car that is used. These cars can handle 120,000 lbs. The 18' Temper is about 5-years newer than the 18' Double furnace.
The two quench tanks for the Chesmont double are 1/2" gauge steel, 15' deep, 7.5' wide. The oil-quench tank is 25' long, with four (4) 10-hp agitators (two diagonally located each end) for excellent agitation. This tank can hold 12,000-gallons, and has #100 AAA quench oil in it. It also has an air-cool system to cool the oil. The Water quench tank is all the same dimensions except it is a little shorter, about 22' long. This tank has two (2) newly rebuilt 10-hp agitators in it.
BOTH tanks are in pits for secondary containment , and the oil-quench tank has a state-of-art safety system with a 15,000 gallon dump tank, and custom automated extinguishing system.
There is also a large H2O quench tank that is 110" wide x 5' deep x 42' long. It has (6) 15-hp. agitators, and can hold approximately 40,000 gallons. **ALONGSIDE THE 40' FURNACE**
If you have not watched the video, we highly recommend watching it, as it shows all of the equipment mentioned here.
Metal Heat Treating Plant
Donovan Heat Treating Co., Inc.
7399 Tulip St.
Philadelphia PA 19136
From PA Turnpike or North of the City of Philadelphia
- Take PA Turnpike to Exit 28.
- Take US South to PA 63 - Woodhaven Rd.
- Take PA 63 East to I-95 South.
- Take I-95 South to PA 73 - Cottman Ave. Exit #30.
- At the bottom of the exit ramp there is a traffic light. Proceed straight thru the light and in approx. 1 block you will be forced onto Cottman Ave with exiting traffic from I-95 north.
- Stay on Cottman Ave. and go under the railroad bridge to the 2nd right - Tulip St.
- Proceed to the end of the street.
- Look to the right - Donovan's Office is approx. 50 ft. on the right.
From Philadelphia and South of the City of Philadelphia
- Take I-95 North to Cottman Ave. Exit PA 73.
- Go to Step 6 above and follow instructions.
Conveniently located just off of I-95 and I-73 in Northeast Philadelphia, PA.